Re: [IP] low after exercising

Hi Christie!
I got married my sophmore year of college and had my
daughter the summer between my junior and senior years
so I know how busy you must be.  I was taking
injections at that time but I remember the challenge
of always going and exercising.  When I exercise with
my pump now I always disconnect if it is intense-like
working-out  or tennis.  I reduce my basal rate 20% if
I'm doing a lot of walking like sightseeing on
vacation or walking Lucy, my dog.  I test before I
reconnect, eat a piece of fruit if needed (I'd rather
eat a Reese's peanut butter cup but that would kind of
undo the work-out, right!) Then I always test every
hour til I eat a carb meal, and even then extend or
divide my bolus in half.  I find exercise can hit you
many hours later, sometimes right after you've bolused
for a meal but the food hasn't kicked in.  This is my
experience only, of course, but I hope it helps.  Ask
anytime and good luck with your degree and family!
Lynn Wagner