Re: [IP] "Potty Protocol?"

I'd like to introduce a male perspective, although many of these "potty"
issues are universal for all.

The pump was only a problem while I was paranoid about harming it or the

For now, the long tubing takes care of all washroom issues but I am 5'7" &
if one is tall the longer tubing may not sufice.  When naked, I just hold
it in one hand (practice from the days of broken wrists helps here).  When
clothed, regardless of where the pump is stowed, I just watch thta the
tubing doesn't catch on my belt etc while raising and lowering trousers.

One caution for males:  With the tubing free floating inside trousers;
watch that when you zip up the tubing doesn't get caught in the fly!  This
can cause a leak in the tubing!

VENT:  One other male issue is that of fumbling around thru boxers which
have a small opening.  Argghh!  How many times does the tubingb come out
with the penis and then others must wonder why I'm taking so much care
stuffing things back into place!  LOL!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 4 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

To date:   57% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).