Hi List

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday. To those new on the list, she just
turned 13 and has been pumping for 8 months (MM508-very happy with it).

At 6:00 a.m. she bursts into my room, turns on the light, and announces to
my husband and I (still half asleep, at this point) that she just vomited
and is feeling terrible.

Check her bg 380!! Immediately proceed to inject 4 units and check her site.
Take out cannula (MM micro quick release) everything looks fine. No bending,
etc. I take her pump and bolus 5.0 units and nothing comes out. Bolus again,
nothing. When I closely inspect her pump, cartridge was broken where it
connects to tubing (hub). Just plain broken. Thus, no insuling was getting
thru tubing, most of it had already spilled, even though there were like 50
units left.

This has never happened to us before. I'm guessing she dropped it on that
side, but she swears she didn't. Maybe hit herself on some doorknob
or something. Poor thing was really sick for half of the morning, and it
being her birthday and all, I was really sorry for her. Later she felt
better and did have a nice dinner with her friends and some family members.

Lesson? Parents, check your kids' pump before they go to bed. Won't happen
to me again, at least at night! By the way, I have been doing some basal
checks on her and had been up for more than a week at 2:00 a.m. and 4:00
a.m. First night I decided to not check, because I had fine tuned her night
basal and was waiting to check her at 7:00a.m.
Anyway, we are really happy with this pumping thing, despite some minor

By the way, she had pizza last night (2 slices) bolused 4 units and square
waved 1 unit for 1 1/2 hours. Bg before bed 157! Not bad!