[IP] Family Leave Law

Hi Everyone
I really need some help with this one:
Because I have been ill with my diabetes this year and hospitalized
several times and the surgery for my appendix and gallbladder, my
husband as had to take 11 sick days a work. Well his boss gave
him a written warning about is absenteeism over the last year
today. Not only does this go into his personnel file but will also
effect the amount of increase he gets next year. He works as a
teacher assistant in a private special education school.

I know that 8 of these 11 days were to care for me and are covered
under the Family Leave Act but I don't know how to get this across
to his boss. I am going to give the dates that he was absent to my
doctor and ask him to write a letter with my hospitalization dates.
But what else can we do? Looking for any suggestions. In past
years my husband has only used maybe 5 sick days in a year and
he gets one for every month that he works and carries them over
what he doesn't use so he had the time banked.

Gail J Donohue