Re: [IP] Feeling kind of down

>I guess now that I'm pumping, I have that capability to adapt to all
>these fluctuations, but it's taking over my life!
>I'm living, breathing, thinking diabetes, EVERY second of my day. It's
>wearing me out, but l hope that eventually I'll be able to relax a
>little and live more normally with it all.
>Did any of you have this reaction to your first couple of months?

Yes.  Month one was spent as you describe.  I finished basal setting and
final testing at 7 weeks.  Then realized that it was really only 3 months +
into the show that i started NOT thinnking about teh pump and diabetes 24
hours a day!  You are a normal person!

One of the results of NOT thinking about diabetes and the pump 24 hours a
day is that tonight i forgot to emulate a sqaure wave or dual wave for
Sushi!  hence I am chasing a minor high!  Oh well!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 4 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

To date:   57% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).