[IP] re: onetouch Ultra

> Art,

I had a very different  experience with LifeScan today. I hope you really "are in
I bought an Ultra about a month ago, I've been using (and loving) a Fast Take meter
for a long time, but the even faster test time of the Ultra is very appealing to
After mailing in a Rx for Ultra strips, I got a phone call from the mail order
pharmacy telling me that the Ultra strips were back ordered. The pharmacist, noting
that I had been using Fast Take strips til now, offered to call my physician and
get a Rx for them instead.
I told her I would get back to her and called LifeScan. The rep I spoke with told
me that though they had expected a very positive response to the Ultra, they had
not expected  the overwhelming  demand they have seen.. He said  the Ultra strips
were not available in many places now. He had no idea how long it would be til they
were available or what stores might be likely to have received their supply.  He
suggested that I call the chain pharmacies in my area to see if anyone had them.
(He did offer to send me 50 Fast Take strips to hold me over. HAH! That'd last 4 or
5 days!). I spent over an hour on the phone til I finally found a pharmacy that had
Ultra strips in stock.
I suggest that anyone using either an Ultra or Fast Take meter be sure they order
strips well in advance of needing them since LifeScan really doesn't know when
Ultra strips will be readily available. They don't seem to realize that some people
(you for example) are unable to get Fast Take strips either!
I"ve called LifeScan many times over the last few years and have always gotten
absolutely superior customer service. But this time, the customer service reps seem
to be telling us contradictory things.