RE: [IP] School and responsibility

We allowed Lucas to add up his food carbs and figure out his correction, BUT
he had to verify his numbers with the secretary in the office before he did
his bolus up until the 5th grade. He always had a calculator, pencil and
paper in his lunch box so that he could figure it out. Occasionally he would
make a mistake, but with the double-checking it was caught and now that he
is in 5th grade he can pretty much manage by himself.
Pete - Dad to Lucas pumping since 12/21/1999
To those of you with younger children on the pump (say, third grade and
younger): how much responsibility do you allow your child in school? In
other words, do you let them figure out correction bolus? I write Lauren's
lunch and snack bolus on mini post-its', but it does not include any
correction. Keeping in mind the lovely woman here whose daughter just had
the "burnout" episode, I'm thinking the less responsibility, the better.
Just curious what you all with younger ones do.

Thanks,

Moira
Mom of Lauren, 9 yr. old pumper