Re: [IP] insulin resistance and type 1's

I have no family history of either type of diabetes in my family.  I know that I don't make my own insulin.  I am overweight at this time, about 28lbs right now.  I have put on 20lbs since the pump.  My insulin requirements were astronomical during all three of my pregnancies (I needed approx 600u/R per day w/each pregnancy).  My endo hadn't seen an increase like that.  My last pregnancy was almost 5 years ago now.  I thought maybe an insulin sensitizer could be used in a type 1.  My next endo appointment is next month, I'll ask him.  Hopefully this problem will have gone away.  Thanks
Geneece
dx'd87
pump 7/00