[IP] medicare medicaid and social security

Jennifer S writes:
Subject: Re: [IP] is pump a necessity

This is what I dealt with all the while. Medic-aid doesn't want to spend
on anything long term, only the bottom line this year matters most.

Up until a couple of years ago, here anyway, people on SSI or welfare were
to some extint still are, viewed as a social blight and must be erradicated
through witholding treatments which may make their lives better.

I am always being denied jobs because of very bad eyesight, then am getting
flak for not working...OK, Whatever...But to take it out on little kids is,
you said, 'heartless'.

Just be careful: If someone gave me things or money ...say, a trust for pump
things etc....The SSA Here would count it as "Income" and deduct from the
benefits that I or the parents are getting.

Rosie O'Donnell had a show a couple of years back and had an extended family
of disabled adults and children, she arranged for them all to have gifts like
clothes and new shoes and such, toys, games etc...and SSA was going to take
their bennies away because of it.  I think it got resolved when half of
Hollywood and the USA wrote into the SSA in voiciferous outrage.

But this is what we're dealing with.

Jenny Sutherland
Alas fellow Americans, the richest country in the world and his is what we
have come to. Lets brag a bit more about the surplus and talk about tax cuts.
Lets also talk about social security and not think about what those words
mean. Lets make the medicaid  and medicare administrators cut more stuff so
they will pocket bigger profits this year. and lets keep telling the doctors
how we are going to bust into their offices with guns drawn to look for
cheating and stealing from the system. and then lets all go to bed and not say
a word about how stupid the whole thing is. It is an incredible bed time
story. Visit the aaps web page: http://www.aapsonline.org/ read about why
doctors are getting out of practice in the US as well as Canada.
If you are concerned about your privacy ask for the last issue of aapsnews if
you emaiul them I'm certain they'll send it to you. Volume 57, No. 4, April