[IP] disatronic pump problems

Darrin Parker writes among other stuff:
2.  D is most likely reacting in a knee-jerk way as would any repsonsible
company.  They are as afraid of the silly legal liability problems as
anyone else in NA.  I would hate to be in their shoes.  i'd be sweating
bullets that some jerk would deliberatle duplicate this malfunction in the
hope of a succesful lawsuit!  I see no other way for D to cover their rear
other than what they are doing - even if it is not their fault but the
fault of careless users.
Hey darrin you couldn't be more on target! just like patients, every one of
which is a lawsuit looking for a place to happen, every pumper is a lawsuit in
waiting. My younger dau who is a lawyer told me that some firm will make a
bundle on this by getting the list of D users, writing to each one and asking
general questions about overdelivery problems. then they will start a class
action suit  which could ruin even distronics with bad publicity. It happend
with skeletal hardware and almost ruined sofomore danek Inc. A pump is
hardware and software both melded to work as flawlessly as possible. but as
the wise men of the ages say: "fecal material happens" All the pumps out there
are good there are none that are perfect just as there are no perfect pumpers.