Re:[IP] Cannula tolerance

    In regards to your recent e-mail to IP, I did have some trouble reacting
to the MM Sof-set QR 42" cannula. I finally tracked it down to always being to
the same side of the cannula insertion point. My RN advised me that this might
be an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that is on only one of the tabs of
the cannula. (it is brown in color). My RN recommended that using IV3000 over
the site and inserting the cannula through the tape, then applying the Smith +
Nephew OpSite adhesive over the cannula hub (sort of like a sandwich). This
procedure has solved my problem. Perhaps you might have adjusted to the
antibiotic over time. Just a thought. I hope this helps. YMMV.