[IP] insulin resistance and type 1's

Do type 1's become insulin resistant also?  If so, can they be treated with some of those oral hypoglycemics or insulin sensitizers also?  Just curious to know if any other type 1's have had this happen.  I seem to be getting this problem.  I was extremely insulin resistant during pregnancy (approx. 600 units of Regular per day).  Nothing like that now but still requiring more insulin to do the job.  I use humalog in my MM508.  I exercise regularly also.  Thanks.
dx'd 87
pump 7/00

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life