Re: [IP] Edge Park Surgical? -update

Hi everyone, thanks for all the nice notes about Edge Park - we will
keep them in mind if the following doesn't work out... This morning I
called the health ins just to double check if there might be any other
supply places closer to us, just in case. The person I talked to seemed
a bit confused and told me that since they don't have an agreement with
D that Shane couldn't get supplies for it either and he might have to
switch pumps. This conversation was less than productive, so after I
hung up I was checking out our health ins page on-line to be sure we
hadn't missed anything. I came across a "diabetes case manager" who is
supposed to work with diabetic patients on any problems. Wonder why no
one told us about this before??? Anyway, I called her and she was great!
She says they don't currently have an agreement with D but they are
working on one. She is calling our area rep from D and she says they
will work something out for us so we can keep getting our stuff directly
from D without paying extra charges for "out of network". Plus, she told
me they had just got in a supply of the Ultra meters and offered to send
us one free even though they had already sent Shane a Fasttake for free.