[IP] Thrush

Hi all,
  Saturday Ashley started complaining about pain in her tongue.  Then by
Sunday she could not eat.  Well, as you know not eating is pretty scary. She
had to me what looked like thrush in her mouth but, I had only seen it in
baby's so I thought I must be wrong.  Well, it turns out that is exactly what
it is.  And I was told it is common in diabetics.  I had not heard this
before.  She is taking Nystatin orally.  It is not sugar free.  In fact they
did not have any sugar free medicine for this.  Now if this is common in
diabetics then why would they not have sugar free medicine?  That is just
crazy to me.

  Kim...........Mom of Ashley(diabetic for 5 years & not pumping yet)