Re: [IP] fruits

I use raisins to treat low bg because they are such a quick acting source of
sugar.  Fruit's "natural sugar" as you call it, can raise your blood sugar
just as quickly as the "natural sugar" from the refined sugar cane.  When the
fruit is dried the sugars are more concentrated.  The advantage fruit has
over the refined sugar cane is that you get some vitamins and fiber to go
with your sweetness.

For years, I've limited my fruit consumption to treating lows, pre-exercise
or a high  fiber fruit at the end of a big meal.  In these contexts it works
for me.  I could never just snack on fruit and bolus for it.  It just
wouldn't work.

It sounds like your cracker habit was better for your blood sugar.  I find,
unfortunately, that sometimes foods with few nutritional benefits have
advantages in bg maintainence.  As a result, I eat a lot of social tea
biscuits and graham crackers.  Not much fiber and vitamins, but they keep the
bgs up without raising them too dramatically.

have fun experimenting,