RE: [IP] Lifescan Ultra vs Amira At Last

Jennifer.

I have been using the Lifescan FastTake for about 4 months now and do
use the download to computer feature it has. A very reliable meter, and
the new strips that suck a very small drop in work well. I believe
Lifescan is still giving the "cheaper" model away for free, but if you
explain to your pharmacist that you need the FastTake model because of
the computer feature, they may give you that 1 free. My pharmacist
explained that they have the option from Lifescan to do this. After all
we do have to "buy the blades for it after we bought the saw." Lifescan
has been great with their support I bought a 100 pak of their strips and
they were the old kind. (Had to drop the blood on the strip) I called
Lifescan support and they mailed me a 100 pak of the new ones no charge.

BTW   You do have to buy the adapter and interface cable in order for
you to hook it up to the computer. They have them at Drugstore.com. Here
is the URL
http://www.drugstore.com/templates/stdcat/default.asp?catid=10018&cmbPro
dBrandFilter=10748&trx=BS-10748&trxp1=HP&trxp2=0&trxp3=10018&brand=10748

Ken Buchholz
Future Pumper
2 weeks to go and counting.