[IP] blood in canula

 My 12 y.o. son had his first experience with DKA today that was caused by
something going wrong with his site.  After two BGs over 500 during school, we
discovered blood in the tubing between the injection site and the quick
release (he uses Sof-set Ultimates). However, there was no blood in the
canula. Our CDE said it was just "bad luck" with the site and that we probably
didn't do anything wrong during insertion.

Has anyone else had this happen?   Also, he has a MM508 and never got any
alarm. I would think a "no delivery" alarm would have sounded when he tried to
do a correction bolus after the first high reading.

mom to Patrick in N.H.