Re: [IP] follow-up to the previous Wal-mart thread

After I made the fuss at Walmart about them not taking the strips back and
how stupid a policy it was, when I went in to get my money back, there was an
'official' Walmart sign hanging behind the counter...not easily seen...about
them not accepting the strips back.  Funny how things work, huh!  The
Pharmacist stated to me that they indeed did not have their sign up until
that morning, which was a week after I had complained!

I had called Lifescan right there in the store as they were initially
refusing to accept the strips back and Lifescan knew of no such agreement...I
talked to 2 people there.  Lifescan was even willing to speak to the manager
(who refused as well as refusing to speak to me,) about the fact that unused
strips DO NOT present a risk for contamination.

Oh well...life goes on!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18+ years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
(First with Disetronic, now with MM 508 and much happier!)
And remember...Diabetics are naturally sweet!
e-mail:    email @ redacted
'Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting for them to happen.' - - -
Mary Tyler Moore

In a message dated 3/19/2001 12:18:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I saw something at Wal-mart that I thought I would pas on to you.  I can't
> remember now who had the fight with Wal-mart about returning
strips--but...I
> was at Wal-mart in Sioux City, IA over the weekend.  They have a great big
> green sign on the strips display that says that strips would no longer be
> accepted as a return because of the danger of contamination but that
> arrangements have been made with the companies themselves to accomodate any
> returns.  The appropriate 800 numbers are available at the counter.
>
> I wonder if this is new?  I have never seen this sign before--although I
> don't
> normally buy strips at Wal-mart either.  Just thought it was extremely
> interesting that the timing coincided so well with the previous battle!!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18+ years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
(First with Disetronic, now with MM 508 and much happier!)
And remember...Diabetics are naturally sweet!
e-mail:    email @ redacted
'Diabetes is a disease of complcations waiting for them to happen.' - - -
Mary Typer Moore