[IP] my story about being PG on the pump

HI I have just recently rejoined the IP mail list. I have been on my pump for
over two years now and was pregnant last year with my son who was born
  8-29-00.  He was born at 36 weeks due to pre-ecplamsia but was going to be
born three days later anyway by a scheduled c-section so it was not a big
suprise.  He weighed 8#3oz which is pretty big for a month early!  I had
monthly OB appt up to 20 weeks, then went to every other week until about 28
weeks then I started the non stress tests weekly and by the time I hit 30
weeks I was seeing the doc every week and having 2 non stress tests a week
(they were very cautious)!  I had ultrasounds done at 9 weeks, 15 weeks, 19
weeks, 25 weeks, and 32 weeks. My son was ALWAYS bigger then he was supposed
to be for each ultrasound. usually the 90% range. As far as my BG control
with the pump it was pretty good. I had MONTHLY A1c's and was followed by a
perinatologist who specialized in Diabetes.  When it came time for the
delivery I took off my pump and was put on an IV drip for the first 24 hours
after my c-section which worked out fine. I needed next to no insulin at all
and the nurses were great about asking me what I wanted them to do with the
insulin.  I took my own sugars when they wanted and more if I felt they were
needed.  After 24 hours I started up my pump again on a flat rate basal of
0.5 and did not need more for a week or so. I did breasted and have not had
any problems with lows as long as I remembered to eat after feeding my son!

Anyone who has questions/comments is/are welcome to email me