Re: [IP] Re: Carbs in Candy Floss/Cotton Candy

In a message dated 3/19/01 8:32:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Her blood glucose was awful of
> course, but no worse than today when she didn't eat anything unusual.

Wise move Barb.....since some days it seems we're "damned if we do, damed if
we don't", sometimes you just have to throw caution to the winds & say "oh
what the heck - we don't make a habit of this" & allow the kids some
leeway.....My daughter is very diligent about not eating dinner if her bgs
are 200 or higher, but last night, she was really hungry, the Chinese food
smelled great, etc....so she ate it anyway & corrected later...More
psychological harm would have been done by demanding she NOT eat...she's hard
enough on herself most of the time!~.....
Regards, Renee (pump mom to 18 yr old Melissa)