[IP] Carb requirements at restaurants??

Back in January, I emailed Olive Garden to ask them for carb count
information since their primary meals are pasta.  Here is the response I

Dear Ms. Greifzu:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Due to the complexity of our menu and continuous quality improvements, it is
difficult to record nutritional information for all menu items. Since we
recognize that some guests face dietary restrictions, we are committed to
furnish this information for our Garden Fare items.  You may view this
information on our website, by clicking on any of the GF icons displayed on
"Our Menus."

For your added convenience, the attached document contains a list of those
garden fare menu items. Please keep in mind that we will try to satisfy your
individual needs, so you may request that cheese topping be omitted, sauce
served on the side, less sauce, salt omitted from breadsticks, salad
dressing on the side, or lunch portions at dinner, to help reduce the intake
of some components, particularly fat.

We appreciate your interest in Olive Garden and hope to serve you again.

Guest Relations

The file they sent me did have the carb counts for 10 of their Garden Fare
items.  The lowest carb item was the Minstrone Soup which was 18g.  Also,
one plain breadstick was 26g of carbs.  The chicken and pastas ranged from
40 to 84g of carbs.  Of course, their GF items are suppose to be lower in
fat.  Obviously, they are not too concerned about carbs for their type of