[IP] Steroid Shot causes Weight Gain?

Hi Everyone,
I have a quick question about a steroid shot that I received on Friday.  I am
wondering if the whole thing has been worth it or not.  I have had such
trouble with my bg's being very high and feeling sick.
Does steroid injections cause you to gain a little weight?  I am just
wondering because here I am trying to lose weight and have gained about 1.5.
Just a coincedence?
Thanks for your opinion.
PS I also have a question about the new MM quick sets, how did everyone get a
sample?  Should I call MM?
dx'd 3.12.85
pumping 4.20.99