RE: [IP] Carb info, required at restruants?

Patrick G. Jobe [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I could
> not even find a carb count for one of the biscuits. Bleah!

I agree, it would be helpful to have this information.  The only time
restaurants are *required* to have that information is for menu items
labeled as having some particular nutritional benefit, i.e. low fat, "lite",
"heart healthy", etc.  And then, they're only required to have that
information for those items.

Our only options, at this time (other than letters to regional or national
HQs) is to either take our best guess, or to not patronize those
establishments.  If you choose this option, a letter to the regional office
explaining *why* you will no longer dine there might be useful.  If enough
people do that (and it will take a *lot*), then they might change their
policies.  Most fast food restaurants (McDonalds, BK, KFC, etc. to publish
their nutrition analyses.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR