[IP] Re: cannula tolerance

>What's interesting, moreover, is that although
lipohypertrophy is listed as
interfering with absorption, it is *not* listed as
beneficial for cannula
tolerance. How come? Is my hypothesis concerning such a
beneficial effect
incorrect? Alternatively, are we perhaps referring to two
different things?<

I didn't mean to imply that your hypothesis was incorrect,
just cautioning. Your hypothesis may be correct for you,
however, it might not be for all pumpers. That is why we use
the YMMV phrase.  What has your medical team said about it?
I think it is great that you are having greater tolerance to
the cannulas, and guess I should have said so.

I have also seen hypertrophy when some people have switched
to Humalog, who were previously injecting regular insulin.

I am not sure I am answering your question about the
tolerance issue, perhaps someone else would have a
contribution. It is an interesting idea.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE