[IP] Re: Please help me - from Jenn--info on Canadian pump sales

Linda in Ontario writes that she did not have to have a prescription to buy a
pump for her son last year.

Well, things must have changed in Ontario since then.  Both Minimed and
Disetronic told me that they would not sell me a pump without a doctors
prescription (or letter or whatever), and I think that I probably deal with
the same office as Linda does.

I explicitly asked about that, as I was having trouble convincing the doctor.
 Disetronic clearly spelled out for me all the paperwork they required before
a sale could take place. I will be checking with them this week to see if the
note the doctor wrote for insurance authorization is sufficient for them, or
whether they want something a bit different.

Barbara, Mum of Claire, 6, hoping to be pumping soon