Re: [IP] you guys are so nice...

In a message dated 3/18/01 4:49:19 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  Has anybody had osteo? >>

I had osteo last summer, just below the big toe on my left foot. I had no
outward signs, however. I had surgery to remove the dead part of the bone and
was on IV antibiotics (Vancomycin and Levoquin) for six weeks. I had a chest
tube rather than a PICC line, however. The combination of surgery and
antibiotics seems to have taken care of things. All that's left is a short
big toe and two scars: one on my chest from the groshang and one on my foot
from the surgery.

Because there were no outward signs -- no redness, no "heat," no ulcer -- I
am fortunate that my podiatrist went the extra mile to try and figure out why
I was having foot pain. He caught it on an x-ray. A bone scan confirmed his
diagnosis and an MRI showed exactly where the problem was.

I will say that I've never been thrown into the hospital so quickly! LOL

Jan and Elvis