[IP] Re: Cannula tolerance -- the fat hypothesis

Jane Holzka wrote:
>I'm pretty sure lipohypertrophy makes insertion less painful.  It also
>interferes with absorption.

I'm referring to the longevity of the infusion site *after* insertion. At
this time, I'm having much greater success with infusion sites (they last
longer without infections) and very consistent absorption (my dose is
stable and equivalent to what it was when the infusion sites were changed
every other day). I'm advancing the hypothesis that the adaptation response
to the cannula is due to the development of a fatty layer at the infusion

regards, Andy