[IP] diets through the decades

 I am curious about how/when carb counting came
about.When did it actually begin? And when did the ADA
say it was ok for diabetics to eat sugar as long as it
was covered with insulin? I am not a long-time dm'er,2
yrs) and I was started straight-off with carb
counting.Thats the first and only diet I ever
followed, so I have difficulty understanding what the
exchange system was and how it related to insulin
changes.Did diabetics not change their insulin back in
the old days?Why did doctors restrict sugar items but
not regular carbohydrates? Can anyone give me some
good references to this subject?

Do You Yahoo!?