Re: [IP] Carb Counting

And here it comes from a thrird Dietitian...if there are 5 or more grams of
fiber per serving, then subtract the fiber from the total carb count.  Fiber
is chemically a sugar (don't ask me why, because I forget!) so must be
included in the list of total CHOs on a food label, but it is not absorbed
and there for has no direct effect on the blood glucose level.

But this can very much be an individual thing...with me, I judge it based on
the food.  You will have to experiment and do bolus testing to find out if
you should or shouldn't subtract the fiber content from overall CHO counts.

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18+ years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
(First with Disetronic, now with MM 508 and much happier!)
And remember...Diabetics are naturally sweet!
e-mail:    email @ redacted
'Diabetes is a disease of complcations waiting for them to happen.' - - -
Mary Typer Moore