[IP] Re: hospitals & rude people

In a message dated 3/17/01 2:10:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> "  Well, obviously it must have been my MM508....I don't even hear it
> anymore.  I told her it must be my insulin pump and I couldn't believe she
> even noticed it.  She has sensitive ears (oh booooo hooooo).  I then told
> her I was sorry her life was so bad that she felt she had to be so hateful
> to people she didn't even know.  She looked at me like I was the rude
> one!!!!!!!.  My luck I'll run into her everytime I go workout.  I am purely
> amazed that she heard the couple of clicks...it is attached to me and I
> don't hear them.  I have never had anyone do that to me before.
> Oh well, nothing you guys can do I just wanted to tell somebody....
> Geneece
> dxd 87
> pump 7/00

Geneece that is just horrible.  I can never understand why people have to be
so hateful.  One thing I have always taught my daughter that her diabetes is
nothing she has to hide.  Like checking her blood in a toilet stall.  We
always do it right out in the open.  If we are at the mall we sit on a bench &
 do it.  We don't go to the rest room.  Now in a restaraunt we will go to the
rest room because people are eating & we don't want anyone to be grossed out.
LOL  But, Ashley checks her blood right in her classroom at school.  That was
one thing I insisted on.  I don't want them making her do it somewhere else
like she should be ashamed of it or something.  It is part of her life &
people will just have to accept it.  Someone should educate this woman that
was so horrible to you so she will know what an idiot she is:-)  Just My HO.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Geneece}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}  I am so sorry you had to go
through that.
  Kim...........Mom of Ashley(diabetic for 5 years & not pumping yet)