[IP] Sharing some good news

Hi all,
  I just had to share a little good news with everyone here.  Especially
since you have all been so helpful & have already taught me so much.
  First of all for background for those who don't know me.  My daughter
Ashley just turned 10 on Thursday.  She has had diabetes for 5 years.  We are
still injecting insulin but, I desperately want to get her on the pump.  We
do not have medical insurance.  We own our own business & it has been
impossible to get insurance.  Especially to be able to afford it.  Anyway
Friday morning I had an appt. with a woman who assists families in filling
out the application for the Oregon Health Plan.  It is 8 pages long & not
that easy to fill out.  Especially if you are self employed.  So we filled
out all the papers & she said it looks like we will probably qualify for 100%
coverage.  I almost cried I was so happy.  I have no idea if they cover the
pump but, this will still help us so much.  After the meeting which was at my
daughters school I ran across the school nurse.  Ashleys bg readings have
been up & down this last 2 weeks.  The nurse asked me what was holding us
back from getting Ashley on the pump & I told her mostly the cost of the pump
itself.  She says, "Let me see what I can do."  She called me yesterday & she
has found someone who who will pay for Ashley's pump.  I did cry.  I could
not believe it.  So now I need to get things together.  As soon as the Oregon
Health plan is in affect for us I will start making appts. with her doctor &
with the endo who has to travel down from Portland.  Then we will get the
ball rolling to get Ashley on the pump.
I want to thank everyone here for showing me the positive effects of the pump
& making me want it even more for her.

  Kim...........Mom of Ashley(diabetic for 5 years & not pumping yet)