Re: [IP] Cannula tolerance -- the fat hypothesis

    This is not the same thing, but I have had many. many IV treatments and
had problems with redness, burning, swelling, etc.  I talked with one of my
nurses about it and she told me to try and use a warm compress. She said if
you put the warm compress on your skin for about 20 minutes before you have
the IV inserted, things will be a whole lot better.so, the next time I had
one done, I did what he had said.and I  never had a problem again!!!
  Just a little info from me...

dx 10/1/81  (Florida)
Awaiting the arrival of my new pump, "Skippy"
Soon, very soon!!!!