In a message dated 3/17/01 4:04:28 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> It's been said already, but bears repeating: you *must* have a prescription
> for the pump.  You may not legally transfer ownership privately.
> Even if you get one without, it will be illegal to obtain the supplies
> without
> prescription.  Pump manufacturers will work with you to help you get the
> prescription, but they will not record the ownership and OK use, etc., until
> you have it.
> Jim Handsfield

things are different in Canada.  We have canadians on the list with pumps and
no prescription from drs because they wouldn't prescribe a pump.
I would consult the canadians, especially Darren in this instance.
I think it is great she is willing to help.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01