[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[IP] MM Paradigm
- To: email @ redacted
- Subject: [IP] MM Paradigm
- From: George and Barbara Dupont <email @ redacted>
- Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:21:01 -0500
- Reply-To: email @ redacted
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; m18) Gecko/20010131 Netscape6/6.01
After posting the article from The Diabetes Mall website on the new MM
Paradigm, I was able to find out the following information from their
clinical help line and my local representative:
* The new Paradigm WILL be able to use all existing infusion sets
* The Paradigm (like the 508, Disetronics and Animas pumps) will use
a proprietary cartridge/reservoir.
* The cartridge will hold 150 units of insulin and WILL be able to
use U-50,100 and 200 insulin.
* MM is looking into the possibility of pre-filled cartridges, but
does NOT have any plans to discontinue offering user fillable
cartridges at this time.
* The Paradigm will be smaller due to the cartridge size and the use
of one AAA battery.
* It will continue to use a stepper motor versus the AC motor that
the Disetronics and Animas uses. This is a basic corporate design
policy on MM's part. They feel very strongly that the stepper
motor offers more safety against over infusion than the AC motor.
Michael posted a very good description of the difference between
the two motor designs the other day. Please refer to his posting
* MM says that it will be more menu driven like the Animas. It will
have a scroll forward and backward key for the menu screens.
* MM is very nebulous on the launch date. They will not confirm if
that's due to manufacturing capacity or due to receipt of FDA
I hope this helps clarify some of the questions that we've all had.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml