[IP] Re:Animas Pumps

> I love to hear from some Animas pumpers on how they like their
> pump (esp. the various features) and what their experience has been with
> training and customer service . . .
> Mahalo!
> Lyndy

   I have been on the Animas pump for about six months now so I can tell
you my feelings on this pump.  I like the "Windows" type menus which
make this pump very simple to use.  I like the DC motor drive unit
which: 1)requires that the pump be waterproof which I like because I
swim 2 to 3 miles per week and hate to take the pump off and worry about
my blood sugars while swimming, especially when I am swimming in open
water.  2)delivers basal insulin every three minutes which I think
mimics the body and should make bg control easier.  3)delivers small
amounts of basal insulin (0.05 units per hour).  I like the five basal
patterns on the Animas pump which can all be programed to deliver what
your body needs on certain days.  The customer service has always been
great for the little sevice that I have needed and the support staff has
been very wonderful as well.
   I think all three of the pumps you have talked about are great, you
just have to choose the one that best suits you.

Bye Now,
David Sieperda