Re: [IP] Re: HTRON Problem

>In each case there was a crack in the
>pump either at the #3 battery area or between the buttons.  This
>can happen when patients screw in their batteries too tightly.
>However, no one can confirm
>whether these cracks were due to how the patients treated their
>pumps or due to manufacturing errors.

Unfortunately nothing is perfect.  Years of working with safety-related
tranportation equipment and watching tripple redundancy failures (like NASA
has) has taught me to never trust any mechanical device - even a hammer.
yep I've seen hammers fly appart in mid swing injuring people seriously!

I use the Diestronic *because* there is a back-up pump.  Even when the day
comes I switch to another pump - I will always have a back-up no matter how
obsolete the back-up may be.

Overall I've encountered anything human-made that is as flawless as either
MM or D pumps!  But remember, even NASA has mechanical failures!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  55% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).