[IP] Re: Animas Pumpers?

My daughter, age 6, has been using the Animas pump for almost two months.
So far we are very pleased with this pump.  It is waterproof, quiet, easy to
work (she does her own bolusing), durable, colorful (you can order different
color plate covers), and reliable (the alarms gives us advance notice of low
cartidges at 40 units and low batteries a few hours ahead of time).

The Animas Rep in our area came out and personally trained my husband and me
prior to our training at the hospital so that we were comfortable before the
actual hook up.  He also trained the principal and several school staff at
Lawren's school on how the pump works.  When calling the 800 line, I have
had very helpful and courteous Animas staff assist me and they were very
prompt in their service.

We have no complaints.  The only drawback is the size of the Animas is
larger than the MM, but can still pass as a "pager."

Barb Dame (daughter Lawren)