Re: [IP] step, stepper, solenoid and dc motors

In a message dated 3/15/01 9:34:54 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Meanwhile, I
> thought Minimed used a solenoid motor so is a solenoid
> motor the same as a stepper motor and is the D-Tron
> stepper motor also a DC motor since it doesn't click
> and because "only Minimed uses stepper motors"?

I'm curious about all this too.
My d-tron does click but you have to hold it up to your ear to hear it (it's
different from the motor whirrrr of the h-tron).  When I'm wearing it on my
waist band I can't hear it at all.
This different motor thing is confusing....

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01