Re: [IP] How long do you keep insulin in your pump?

>Hi everyone,
>I was just wondering how much insulin you fill your pumps with and how long
>you you that insulin?  I have been changing my insulin cartridge every other
>day when I change out my infusion set.  I have heard that you can use the
>insulin longer.  Please let me know.

I use a full crt over 8 days.  MOst I know say the same:  6-8 days and the
inuslin never goes bad.  Just keep the insulin NOt in the cart in the

All the best

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  55% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).