[IP] Re: [IPn] Important safety information H-TRON or H-TRONplus used in water

Well, I'm not overreacting. For seven years I've been swimming successfully
with my H-Tron. I was fortunate to be instructed well in its use and how to
NOT over tighten the batteries.

I have dropped the old one I had and it did get cracked. THAT one I sent
back immediately and they sent out a brand new one.

I have never had that problem and will continue to swim with mine on. The
whole point of Disetronic's feature I got them for was the waterproofing.

Jenny Sutherland
http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/index.html
http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/myfamily.html
http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/airbrushE.html

  I have received a copy from Disetronic of a patient information
  letter that will be mailed to H-TRON and HTRONplus owners in the
  morning (Friday, 16 March) along with a supplement to the pump
  manual. In an effort to disseminate the information rapidly, D has
  asked Insulin Pumpers to let you know about this saftey bulletin
  immediately and to place a link on our web site that you can use to
  veiw the information directly.

  Basically the letter says that they've received some pumps back that
  have cracked cases and which leaked when immersed in water. This has
  apparently led to a few cases of overdelivery while swimming.
  Disetronic is advising pump owners not to swim with their pumps on to
  avoid the possibility of this happening.

  As you can imagine, Disetronic is probably not to pleased to
  make such an announcement. I urge all of you not to overeact to the
  news.

  To READ the FULL TEXT of the LETTER and the MANUAL SUPPLEMENT
  visit this URL:

  http://www.disetronicusa.com/releases/safetyinfo.asp

  or go to the Insulin Pumpers home page or LINKS page for a link to
  this site.

  Michael