Re: [IP] surgery

> HI !
> I had gallbladder surgery about 5 weeks ago and I am
> having a TERRIBLE time getting under control.......
> HIGHS then LOWS, then back again.
> I am so tired all the time too !
> Wish I had a solution!

Before Lily switched to mixing insulins (I'm not suggesting that),
she had a couple of months of very difficult control. We switched to
Velosulin for a month and it was very easy to get control and set up
her basals. Everything remained stable when she switched back to the
H/V mix -- no change in bolus or basal settings, just the timing. It
appears this was easier because the V took so much longer to act than
the H. You might want to discuss this option with your doc as a short
term solution until things stabalize.