RE: [IP] Re: just a quick question

Kim [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Crystal I want to agree with Elizabeth.  I truely believe
> that teenage girls
> are harder than teenage boys.

I suggest they might be *different* but I doubt they are harder.  We tend to
be more lenient with what we'll allow boys to get away with (i.e. "sowing
their wild oats", etc.), but that's society, not the individuals.

I further suggest that healthy adolescence requires a period when kids feel
their parents have become nearly unbearable so that they will be emotionally
able to leave and continue their growth to adulthood.  Some kids go through
this sooner rather than later, and there are some 40+ who *still* haven't
emotionally left home.  Of course this is a gross generality, and there will
be many exceptions.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR