RE: [IP] Some news about the Paradigm

Elizabeth [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

>     Geez, I'm getting more confused by the moment!! I guess
> I'm still going
> to have to ask more questions to the MM rep when I talk to
> her again!!  I
> have one last (stupid) question... Are you saying that the
> Paradigm uses the
> 'step' motor?
> A very confused Elizabeth

Yes, it is the same step motor (or similar) as in the 508.  To see for
yourself, click on http://www.minimed.com/paradigm/paradigm_pump.htm.  Some
of the information (easy to fill, for example) sounds like there is an
option to use refillable reservoirs as well as pre-filled, but I couldn't
find that information on the web page.

FWIW, Minimed is now also marketing the 409c which is an infusion pump for
other therapies (not insulin), and is programmable down to .001 ml per step.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR