[IP] Re: just a quick question

In a message dated 3/14/01 8:56:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Crystal,
>      YES!!! All teenage girls (that I've known and it's been quite a lot of
> them too) go through some kind of identity crisis.  I remember when my
> sister
> and I went through our teens and my poor Mom was practically pulling her
> hair
> out!!!! Don't take it personally, just be firm and remind her that you love
> her (which I'm sure you do) and tune her out (or at least try to) when she
> gets nasty with you.  It doesn't last forever, and one day (just like I
> did)
> she'll come around and thank you for putting up with her and all her
> nastiness.  She loves you, but she's trying to find out who she is and as I
> know very well, when you're a teen girl, life seems so unfair, but when you
> add being diabetic to it ... wow, sometimes you feel like your world is
> falling apart.  Just keep your head up and things will get better. :o)~
> All my best,
> Elizabeth

Crystal I want to agree with Elizabeth.  I truely believe that teenage girls
are harder than teenage boys.  I know I gave my Mom such a horrible time when
I was a teenager.  It is a miracle she made it through with her sanity.  By
the time I turned 18 we were best friends though.  You just have to hang in
there.  I am sure it is even harder when that teenage girl is a diabetic.  So
many more things for her to worry about.  My son Sean will be 17 next week.
He has been so easy.  We have a wonderful relationship & I am so thankful for
that.  Now my Ashley will be a completely different story.  She is 10 years
old today & I know it is all beginning:-)
She already has an attitude & I am in for a major ride with her.  I just plan
on keeping our relationship as easy going as possible.  While still being a
parent of course!!!
I just wanted to let you know that you can always pmail me if you need to
email @ redacted
Big hugs