Re: [IP] Protein Shakes

All I know is what my Nephrologist told me. He said protein
turns to ammonia in your body and your kidneys have to
process that. (Answers why cat's urine smells like ammonia,
their diet is mainly fish). He said that if you have kidney damage,
which a lot of diabetics do, they need to cut down on their
protein intake and eat more fish and chicken.

That's all I know.
(Note: this is only what I was told, it in no way is medical advice,
ask your doctor if he agrees with it.)

dx 10/1/81  (Florida)
Awaiting the arrival of my new pump, "Skippy"
Soon, very soon!!!!