re: [IP] Need New Disetronic Pump - Advice wanted

In a message dated 3/14/01 2:15:34 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:01:38 -0800
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Need New Disetronic Pump - Advice wanted
> Hello,
> I'm looking at ordering a new insulin pump.  I currently own a Disetronic
> HTron V100 - this pump will be six this April.  Time for a upgrade!
> Sorry I don't want a MiniMed pump - the Disetronic is a better fit with
> my lifestyle.
> Okay - I see 2 possibilities in the Disetronic Pump the new  D-TRON or
> the H-TRON plus.  For those of you who picked the D-Tron over the H-Tron
> I was wondering why?  I did read a post where one person said the D-Tron
> is waterproof without the red thingy.  (how's that for a technical term)
> this is a added bonus since i use the rapid infusion sets

Hi Margaret,
Let's see, I chose the d-tron because of the drop in cartridge thing,
the 2 basal profiles and I love that i can do the sq wave thing like the MM
but it's called an extended bolus on the d-tron.  I like that it vibrates and
has a back up light and i can make the sound louder or softer or turn it off.
  I like that you cannot lose your basals, they stay in the memory no matter
what, time and date stay for an hr if your battery goes but you never lose
your basals.  I was worried it would feel bulky after my h-tron but it feels
on exactly the same.  It seems a lot easier to use to me than the h-tron too.
 It does deliver insulin faster, fine with me.  It has been saving me insulin
not having to get rid of bubbles, my cartridge lasted 1.5 to 2 extra days.
Ask any other questions you want   :)

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01

Faith  p
Life isn't fair, but you can be__Tom Selleck