Re: [IP] just a quick question

     I remember when I was younger something similar happening to me. I had
an insulin reaction and just a couple hours later, I was in DKA. However, I
was the culprit behind my problem.  Because I had such a bad insulin
reaction, I over compensated and threw myself completely the other way.  My
Mom brought me into the emergency room and the doctor there berated me and
said that I needed to be more responsible because he thought I had wasted his
time.  Well, let me tell you....that was the WRONG thing to say to me in
front of my Mom!!! She didn't take lightly to him telling me that. She spun
around and said, "Look you jerk, this IS a medical emergency and IF you don't
like it TOO BAD! She didn't do this on purpose, she was scared and felt like
if she didn't eat what she had, that she'd PASS OUT! Then what?" I'll never
forget that. I was feeling so crappy but yet, that made me giggle! She was
right, he didn't have any business saying that. I was only 12 years old and
back then not having the privilege of having a blood meter you really didn't
know how low your blood really was and lots of people ended up over
compensating for low sugar levels.
    So, what you might want to know is 1. If she had a low like she did, did
she over compensate? And if not, 2. If she's getting a virus? That can always
throw your sugars out of whack. I'm not sure of what other reasons she could
end up in such a high like that but if it's not either of the two, you might
want to check with her doctor. Just as a precaution to  make sure it doesn't
happen again.
       I hope she's feeling better.
Take care,

dx 10/1/81  (Florida)
Awaiting the arrival of my new pump, "Skippy"
Soon, very soon!!!!