[IP] Jan is correct

Jan wrote:

>>   Then, when the kidneys are failing, that potassium stays in the bod (not peed out) and that can cause a heart attack. I have a chart of high- medium- and low-potassium foods if anyone would like it. E-mail me privately and I'll post it to you. It works both ways - use the high amounts if you're low, the low amounts if you're high. I have not yet been able (unwilling, actually) to give up my beloved mashed potatoes. (~_^) YMMV  My kidneys are functioning at 18%, therefore, I'm on a low-potassium diet. 8^((     <<<

And she is correct. If your kidneys are NOT working up to snuff they will not
remove the extra potassium that leaks out of your cells. And if you take in MORE
potassium it will find it's way into your cells and cause some of the same
problems that not enough potassium in the cells can cause. The whole problem is
that there is not the proper ion gradient across the cell walls. So, if you have
kidney problems, you may or may NOT have a total body potassium depletion, but
you may need extra dialysis if you eat too much potassium.

Cranberries and apples are the fruits of choice for low potassium.

Thanks Jan for reminding us of this.

Nick Trubov