Re: [IP] Perscription Drugs - Diabetes - Pain - My Story

>the pain management doctors say The drugs are not
>addictive, if a person is in pain.

Any narcotic, opiate, or benzodiazepines are addictive, regardless of
pain.  This is what we have learned through this entire ordeal.  It was
even verified by the doctors at the detox clinic.  Even the nurses who
taught the classes verified this.  Opiates are especially dangerous and
actually don't do a thing for the pain.  This one nurse gave a great
presentation on this, but I am so bad at paraphrasing that I won't even
attempt it.  When she was talking I lost it.  She then reassured me that
since I wasn't on it for years that I should be ok eventually.  She was
explaining that opiates basically fry your brain cells and most people
never get them back because of the harm these drugs do.

>  Your story has given me another view point.

That makes what I've gone through thus far worth it.  I really mean
that.  If I can save just one person from this, it will make me
happy.  Granted I am still not at a point where I am jumping up and down,
but hope to be in the next month or so.  I look forward to the night I get
more than 2 hours of sleep at once.  At least I am up to 2.

>It sound like you have a great family taking care of you. Please continue
>to get better and keep us updated.

I am very lucky for the family I have.  I don't think I could have gone
through this alone and what I am still going through.  I am also lucky that
my husband has a great boss, who knows what has happened to me and is
letting him work from home so he can be with me.  I still have the shakes,
nervousness, and HIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHH anxiety.  I guess this is normal
after what I've been through.  I met with a pain management clinic today
and they reassured me that this will pass too, in time.  Apparently all
drugs have a half life which can take up to a month or longer to get
through.  I guess I am going through the half life phase now.  For now they
said the least amount as stress as possible.

Fran, who drove the car all by herself today, the first in over 3 weeks.  :-)