Re: [IP] Diabetes Stamp & Getting the Word Out

On 12 Mar 01, at 12:54, email @ redacted wrote:

> What better way to help 'Get the word out' than to use these stamps!  We
> all need to mail things...even those of us that do the majority of our bill
> payment via the Internet or by automatic payment from our accounts need to
> send something in the mail once in a while!  This is one of the easiest
> things that we as a group can do!  (Maybe we'll lobby next for a pumpers
> stamp...hmmmm...there's an idea for the future!)  Just imagine, if we all
> mailed at least one item a week (that is what I do,) that would be 3000+
> educations sessions out there each week!
> I just went to the Post Office to check when the new Diabetes Awareness
> stamp would be in..

Issue date is March 16, 2001

I've been waiting expectantly since I had first heard of this issue.  Then
the new postal rates came out and I worried that they would be obsolete
before they were issued.  They are 34 cent First Class stamps, but use
them up quick before they raise rates again.  I intend to use them on all
my business mail as opposed to metering.  That's 300 educational
items going out each month!     ;>)